A printable text version of the programme can by downloaded here
07 Sep 17 Open Evening
- Bring an Image
14 Sept 17 Nigel Hicks FBIPP
- Universal Themes and Techniques - Nigel is a highly experienced professional photographer specialising in commercial, travel, nature, architecture and interiors. - Visit website
21 Sep 17 Image Discussion subject 1
28 Sep 17
Terry Wall MPAGB - Wall on the Wildside - An international award winning wildlife and landscape photographer - Visit website
30 Sept 17 3 Way Battle between Woodbury, Sidmouth & Exeter, photographic clubs.
Members from each of the three clubs will take photographs around the designated area on 'One Specified Day' (Midnight to Midnight). Each club will then select their preferred 20 images to be put forward into the friendly 'showdown' competition, where we all gather for an evening social and be entertained by the judging. All our members are welcome to participate.
This year the photographs will be taken within the parish of Lympstone, which includes the estuary and part of Woodbury Common.
05 Oct 17 Decisive Moments subject 1
12 Oct 17 WCPF Travelling Exhibition
19 Oct 17 Christine Widdall MPAGB
in association with Visual Arts - This highly entertaining photographer is back by popular demand to share more of her individual varied images from Steam Punk through landscapes to nature and more. Perhaps she will bring her ‘assistant’ with her! - Visit website
20 Oct 17 3 Way Battle between Woodbury, Sidmouth & Exeter, photographic clubs - Judging Showtime!
Members from each of the three clubs have taken photographs around Lympstone Parish on 'One Specified Day'. Each clubs selected 20 images will have been put forward for this friendly 'showdown' competition, where we all gather for an evening social and be entertained by the judging.
The Maltsters, Woodbury 7pm to 9.30pm
26 Oct 17 Local Heroes session 1
02 Nov 17 ECC Sub Group Visual Arts
09 Nov 17 Brian Northmore
- Mono Vision - Predominantly an outdoor and landscape photographer specialising in the diversity of the UK landscape - Visit website
16 Nov 17 Image Discussion subject 2
- Street/People photography
23 Nov 17 Peter Paterson FRPS
- Peter is a superb exponent of a very individual style of landscape, still life and abstract - Visit website
30 Nov 17 Decisive Moments subject 2
07 Dec 17 Local Heroes session 2
14 Dec 17 Christmas Dinner
17 Dec 17 Christmas Break
28 Dec 17 Christmas Break
04 Jan 18 Club Retrospective 2017
- A selection of images taken throughout 2017 by Club members at Club events and elsewhere.
11 Jan 18 Richard Sercombe
- One of our own. We do not see enough of Richard’s individual style, sometimes whacky, always good. Now is your chance - Visit website
18 Jan 18 Steven Spraggon
- Landscape and Travel - Based in Somerset Steven is a graphic designer who graduated into landscape photography - Visit website
25 Jan 18 Club Celebration of Prints
- An evening dedicated to a celebration of the Print medium. Please bring up to 3 prints on any subject
01 Feb 18 Devon Battle Groups session 1/ Image Discussion
- Open subject. A preliminary look at progress from the groups entering this years Devon Battle. The second half will be an Image Discussion Session. Please bring up to two images on any subject.
08 Feb 18
First Section - ECC Sub Group - Shades of Grey
Second Section - Members images of Iceland
15 Feb 18 Image Discussion subject 3
- My Favourite Place. Please bring up to two images on tonight's subject - My Favourite Place
22 Feb 18 AGM and Presidents Evening
- The AGM followed by a presentation by our President, David Snowdon.
01 Mar 18 Ann Miles FRPS
- Monochrome - 'Monochrome by Way’ A celebration of the different moods that can be created using monochrome, including discussion on software and technique - Visit website
08 Mar 18 Mix and Match Exeter/Exmouth
- Exeter Hosting
15 Mar 18 Image Discussion Evening
- Subject - Open. Bring 2 images to share with members. John Perriam will run the evening..
22 Mar 18 Devon Battle Groups session
. We have a number of teams who have been putting together panels to enter the Devon Battle Competition. This evening we will view the images (projected at this point) and vote select the panel which will represent Exeter Camera Club. ALSO CLOSING DATE FOR ECC ANNUAL DIGITAL COMPETITION 2018
29 Mar 18 Local Heroes session 3
- New Members session. A varied evening where 6 of our new members will share some of their images. The 6 presenters are: Stuart Chapman - My Infrared Experience; Linda Pearson ARPS; Moira Izzard - The Road Less Travelled; Anna Farmer - A Farming Life; Bob Pearson FRPS EFIAP DPAGB - Sixty Years of Photography.
05 Apr 18 ECC Sub Group BWM
12 Apr 18 Annual Digital Competition
19 Apr 18 Visual Arts Group
- What we have been up to. CLOSING DATE FOR ECC PRINT COMPETITION 2018
26 Apr 18 Steve Le Prevost FRPS
- Steven aims challenge the fundamentals and boundaries of photography and strives to be unique in his preferred style of photographic art. One for the texture lovers among you. - Visit website
03 May 18 Damien Demolder - Street Photography - Light and Life on the Streets
- In this heavily illustrated walk Damien will explain his approach to street photography, and how he uses light and exposure to grab the attention of the viewer. The talk is instructive and fun and you will come away with new concepts to think about an a new way of looking at street photography.
Supplementary to the talk, on Friday 4th May Damien will lead an instructional 'Street Walk' around Exeter allowing Club members to try Panasonic equipment and get tips from an experienced Street Photographer. For more information refer to the Forum.
10 May 18 Annual Print Competition
17 May 18 Local Heroes session 4
24 May 18 Guy Richardson
- A professional landscape photographer and time-lapse filmmaker known for his evocative images of the UK landscape - Visit website
31 May 18
Decisive Moments subject 4[/b] - Colour
07 Jun 18 End of Year BBQ